Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Database file issues for MAC

Database file issues for MAC 4 months 3 weeks ago #2495

• murphyse
  • New Twink
So if the demo for a MAC doesn't work due to the "an error occurred: unable to open the database file" error, will the bought version not have this issue? I would like to buy the game but it is pointless if it doesn't work.

Is there some solution to get past this error?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Database file issues for MAC 4 months 2 weeks ago #2498

• spikeucf@yahoo.com
  • New Twink
This error is in the full game too... very disappointing....

With the database not opening... there is no text for the choices.... and the database error pops up every time you hit the spacebar to advance the speech snippets. ;-(

I would really like to play this game ... LOL

Database file issues for MAC 2 weeks 2 days ago #2550

• morgannamodegone@yahoo.com
  • New Twink
I am having the same issue. Has anyone from the company contacted you with a solution?

Database file issues for MAC 2 weeks 15 hours ago #2552

• spikeucf@yahoo.com
  • New Twink
Nobody contacted me from the company. it appears that even though the program itself reports a software update... nothing is available. I have been all over the site. I am trying to download the full client....and reinstall. The dates show the same dates as before... but I think that this site is dead.... only used for people to buy.... and that it is not serviced.

Very sad... either way.... it seems to me that if nobody is manning this site that they would have just snuck the updated files under the same old link as the files before that did not work.

If you ask me... oonyx games seems to suck ass.... not even return comments or e-mails.

;-( Wish they would prove me wrong...

Anybody else get results?

Database file issues for MAC 2 weeks 9 hours ago #2553

• morgannamodegone@yahoo.com
  • New Twink
I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!

This is to get the updated WINDOWS version to work on a Mac! If you cannot get winebottler to download from kronenberg.org, as was my experience, google search for it and try clicking one of the Softsonic links to get an older version of winebottler. The below steps were for getting another game to work on my Mac. I'm using an '08 black macbook running OS 10.7.5 I am able to get the windows version of Super Health Club working on my mac by using the Wine program.

For Mac users this is how you play the game.

1. Go to winebottler.kronenberg.org/ and download the Winebottler.

2. Have the SHC game downloaded and then unzip the file.

3. Install the Winebottler software(simply open the dmg up and drag "Wine" and "WineBottler" into your Application folder.

4. Run/Double Click on Wine(An icon with a glass of wine will show up on the top right corner) and let it finish building it's filesystem for the first run. For me, I had to click on the Wine glass icon next to the wifi/volume/clock icons on the menu bar and then I selected configuration. I don't know if the program was just slow with it's initial setup or if clicking that option helped. However, setting up the "winetricks" from below will not work until Wine runs that initial setup. It may take a few minutes before Wine begins that process, or my computer may just be REALLY slow. Once that is finished, then the below steps should work without issue.

5.Click the Wine icon and choose "Winetricks", check the boxes of the following items and click apply:
"corefonts"
"directx9"
"dsound"
"dmsynth"
"sound=coreaudio"

^^^Use the window's search function on the top bar of the window. It makes this task much easier.

6. unzip the game you will find an exe file, open the exe. Choose "Run directly in …" and hit go. it will run the game installer you just choose any folder you would like the game install in.(Like C:/)

Okay, this step was a little different for me. I had already unzipped the the SHC game download and my computer created a folder, titled Super Health Club, on my desktop with the game's database files, version mod text, and the game's ".exe" starter app. From here, I option clicked/left clicked on the ".exe" file and from the pop up menu I chose Open With, and selected WIne 1.6.1 from the list of applications. Then another window popped up giving me two options and I chose the above "Run directly in Wine". *IMPORTANT* I have to do this everytime I start up the game! The game will remember your save data each time you start the game this way. Additionally, using the mod text will work on new games! You can start a game with +25,000 and Max affection for everyone, and Max upgrade levels. Helpful for getting those scenes and the ending you want.

7.open file manager and locate the game's folder(the installer should create a folder called "TheEndofDreams(E)v1", open the folder and run the Game.exe

^^^ I did not need this step.

8.If you followed the above steps correctly the game should be running.

Finally, if you would like another sexy male homoerotic game to play, follow this link and read everything inside that forum board. There is no TL:DR Read everything if you want to find the game The End of Dreams and get it to work on your older Mac.
boards.barachan.org/doujin/res/5.html